• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post your random/interesting audio pictures

peterp1

Addicted Member
Post your random/interesting audio pics here. Couldn't find a thread like this, so started a new one.



I'll start ..

I stumbled upon the birthplace of emojis -- the Sony EL-7 cassette deck.

Who knew vintage audio had such influence!!!!! Audio Emoji - laugh - Sony EL-7 Cassette.pngAudio Emoji - side eye  left - Sony EL-7 Cassette.pngAudio Emoji - side eye - Sony EL-7 Cassette.png


Exhibit A:
s-l1600.jpg


Exhibit B:
Screen Shot 2023-07-02 at 11.01.04 AM.png
 

Attachments

  • Audio Emoji - side eye right - Sony EL-7 Cassette.png
    Audio Emoji - side eye right - Sony EL-7 Cassette.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Can we squeeze another function in here . . . ?

P.S. I gotta give 'em credit for calling it "the CONTROL amp."
Wow! Thats a whole ot of control for all sources.
I'm not sure I would want to attempt to work on one if something was wrong.
I would love to see a picture with the top off.
 
My 300B SET amp build I was testing before I stuffed it into a chassis.
I had the power transformer, choke, output transformers, a source, and speakers all connected with alligator clip jumper wires. It was dead quiet wired up like that too. No hum.
 

Attachments

  • index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230703_123704.jpg
    20230703_123704.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 8
My 300B SET amp build I was testing before I stuffed it into a chassis.
I had the power transformer, choke, output transformers, a source, and speakers all connected with alligator clip jumper wires. It was dead quiet wired up like that too. No hum.
overnight sensations?
 
overnight sensations?
Ya, the one that's left. I used them for test speakers. Nice sounding little speaker kits. A big SS receiver I was working had one channel fail while I had it hooked up and fried the voice coils out of the other one.
If the price hadn't jumped so high for them I would buy another pair. I only paid $100 originally. There is one other little Dayton kit pair that's still pretty cheap I may get.
 
Ya, the one that's left. I used them for test speakers. Nice sounding little speaker kits. A big SS receiver I was working had one channel fail while I had it hooked up and fried the voice coils out of the other one.
If the price hadn't jumped so high for them I would buy another pair. I only paid $100 originally. There is one other little Dayton kit pair that's still pretty cheap I may get.
yeah. i bought the cnotes when they were a cnote. then they went up to $150. i think they came down to $140 now. they are pretty finnicky speakers.

in a room, at ear level. they sound great.

hanging from the ceiling , in a garage, not so great but if you stand right outside the garage door on the driveway, they sound spectacular.

i would not pay $140 for them.
 
yeah. i bought the cnotes when they were a cnote. then they went up to $150. i think they came down to $140 now. they are pretty finnicky speakers.

in a room, at ear level. they sound great.

hanging from the ceiling , in a garage, not so great but if you stand right outside the garage door on the driveway, they sound spectacular.

i would not pay $140 for them.
Pretty much the same for the O.S.'s. They sound pretty good near field sitting on a desk or bench. I liked them. But they don't do well in a larger area away from you. They are very easy to listen to and the 1" silk dome tweeter I liked a lot.
 
Back
Top Bottom