I recently bought a pair of Tannoy system 12 dmt II speakers to use in a home studio and I am looking for a budget amp. I am writing from Brazil where there are fewer options in the used market and prices are higher - importing is not an option because of high duties.
Tannoy recommends an amp of between 50 and 300 watts. I found the following amps on the local equivalent of eBay. If any has any comments on the relative merits of these please let me know. Prices are in Brazilian "real"
Urei 6230 R$1900
Hafler TA 1600 R$990
Hafler P1500 R$1200
Hafler dh200 (don't know if it's a kit model) R$1000
Bryston 3B $2300
Bryston 2blp R$1800
The prices will probably come as a shock!
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Tannoy recommends an amp of between 50 and 300 watts. I found the following amps on the local equivalent of eBay. If any has any comments on the relative merits of these please let me know. Prices are in Brazilian "real"
Urei 6230 R$1900
Hafler TA 1600 R$990
Hafler P1500 R$1200
Hafler dh200 (don't know if it's a kit model) R$1000
Bryston 3B $2300
Bryston 2blp R$1800
The prices will probably come as a shock!
Any thoughts?
Thanks,