• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

power transistor resistor

Bart Eddy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a stupid question. I feel like I should know about this, but I don't. What are the two resistors called that connect the DC outputs from the last power amp transistors back to an AC signal? I need to replace them and need to know what is an acceptable replacement. On a Kenwood KR-4010, they are 0.33 ohms and 3 watts. They are the typical square white resistors I've seen on many other receivers. The previous owner replaced them with 330 ohm resistors if I'm reading the bands right. The parts list simply calls them metal film resistors. When I filter Mouser and Digikey to 3 watts and 0.33 ohms and nothing else, I see nothing like them. Can a normal resistor of these values be used or is there something unique and required by the white resistors? Last dumb question: what does the K after the 0.33 ohm on the white resistor mean? I assume the previous owner mistook that to mean 0.33 ohms times 1000 to get 330 ohms.
 

Attachments

  • 20250125_105331.jpg
    20250125_105331.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20250125_110010.jpg
    20250125_110010.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 18
Register to hide this ad
I have a stupid question. I feel like I should know about this, but I don't. What are the two resistors called that connect the DC outputs from the last power amp transistors back to an AC signal? I need to replace them and need to know what is an acceptable replacement. On a Kenwood KR-4010, they are 0.33 ohms and 3 watts. They are the typical square white resistors I've seen on many other receivers. The previous owner replaced them with 330 ohm resistors if I'm reading the bands right. The parts list simply calls them metal film resistors. When I filter Mouser and Digikey to 3 watts and 0.33 ohms and nothing else, I see nothing like them. Can a normal resistor of these values be used or is there something unique and required by the white resistors? Last dumb question: what does the K after the 0.33 ohm on the white resistor mean? I assume the previous owner mistook that to mean 0.33 ohms times 1000 to get 330 ohms.
the 'K' is tolerance

m=20%
k=10%
j=5%

you can get that style from china. i keep some values in stock myself.

 
Thank you both for your help. I found a pack of ten 5 watt 0.33 ohm wire wound cement resistors with radial leads for $4 on Amazon that will be here tomorrow. Incredible.
 
Back
Top Bottom