Hello All,
I'm looking for some help from the kind souls here on Audiokarma. I have a B&K EX442 amp and want to get a pre amp to use with it.
Currently I'm using a Yamaha RX-V1065 with the 442 to power my 901's, but have been thinking about using a pre amp with the 442 and the 901's just for music and the Yamaha for the home theater.
Any suggestions as to what might be a good choice to pick up to fill that role?
I like some of the older stuff, but don't know how it might affect the sound using a cd player.
I'm not sure whether to get a dedicated pre amp or a low powered receiver/tuner.
I have always wanted a Marantz receiver (circa 1970's) and thought that perhaps a model 2215 or 2220 would work well.
Any and all advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless You & Merry CHRIST-mas,
Joe :thmbsp::thmbsp:
I'm looking for some help from the kind souls here on Audiokarma. I have a B&K EX442 amp and want to get a pre amp to use with it.
Currently I'm using a Yamaha RX-V1065 with the 442 to power my 901's, but have been thinking about using a pre amp with the 442 and the 901's just for music and the Yamaha for the home theater.
Any suggestions as to what might be a good choice to pick up to fill that role?
I like some of the older stuff, but don't know how it might affect the sound using a cd player.
I'm not sure whether to get a dedicated pre amp or a low powered receiver/tuner.
I have always wanted a Marantz receiver (circa 1970's) and thought that perhaps a model 2215 or 2220 would work well.
Any and all advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless You & Merry CHRIST-mas,
Joe :thmbsp::thmbsp: