• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pre-amp suggestions for my HK

Defenastrate

New Member
I have a harman kardon 930 twin that my uncle gave me and I'm wondering if I should get a pre-amp for it.

I run my turntable without a pre and its okay. Is there a model that works well with this receiver, or is it a waste of time to bother with?
 
Register to hide this ad
thanks for the warm welcome. looking forward to exploiting y'all for audio advice.

If its a consensus that I don't need a preamp, what about upgrades/mods? Should I look to audio grade caps etc?

I know theres a hard limit on what I should logically do with this amp, but its kind of a family heirloom now... so I want it to kick as much a** as possible. Ideally my uncle will come visit and be amazed.
 
Moderator's Note:

Thread moved from Intros to Vintage SS.

...with a bump for more advice for the OP?
 
Back
Top Bottom