• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pre for Marantz Model 32 amp?

mikey8270

New Member
I just scored a Model 32 in great condition. Right now I've got it hooked up to the pre section of my 2230, which I just had serviced 6 or 7 months ago...mostly listen to my turntable via Phono and streaming music through my DAC via Aux.

This setup is fine, sounds fantastic really... but I've been thinking: why leave the amp section on my nice 2230 unused? I have a dinky bedroom setup that's begging for the 2230. I'd actually use the tuner in there too...

So my main question is what is a good preamp that will match my thirty-two? I know the 33 was made for it, but they are hard to come by. I think a 3300 would work nicely as well, but again...difficult to find. Any other suggestions, Marantz or not?

Finally, does anyone know the input sensitivity on the 32 amp?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a 33 connected to a 16. it was worth hunting one down. The 3300 would work well also. the service manual for my 33 preamp shows 10 volts rms output at 200 ohm. and since the model 32 amp was a match for the 33 along with the 16&16B amps im guessing the input should be the same or close. my 3600 also lists 3 volts-10 volts max output. the model 3200 preamp would probably work ok and they usually are cheaper and easier to find. i have one and like it!
 
Back
Top Bottom