• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Preproduction DCM Timeframe 1000's

BuckRogers

New Member
I came across an ad on FB Marketplace for a set of preproduction DCM TF-1000's that the widow of an employee of DCM had for sale, she told me that the owner Steve Eberbach gave these to her husband upon their return from the Las Vagas audio show of that yr. (?) as he was the line foreman on the line that manufactured them, just before I left she said as soon as she finished cleaning out the closet she had another pair I could purchase.
2 weeks later she messaged me to let me know she had a pair of DCM QED's that were given to her by Steve because she made a spinach dip for a company party that Steve enjoyed.
I just thought I'd share my experience and a little history.
Thx for looking.
I

1000014300.jpg1000014299.jpg1000014295.jpg1000014542.jpg1000014538.jpg1000014540.jpg1000014541.jpg1000014535.jpg1000014533.jpg1000014536.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Very cool story, very nice speakers! Have never heard the TF-1000 but I am sure they can be a treat when properly setup. I am a huge fan of the 600’s and find that they are remarkable speakers for their going prices today.
 
Great story! You should print out a copy of your write up above ^^^, put it in an envelope, and attach it to the back of the speakers for future posterity sake. Those are historical, and should be treated as such! Congratulations on your acquisition!
 
Back
Top Bottom