• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Preservation Hall Jazz Band new album up for pre order

It's Mardi Gras day down here in New Orleans and Preservation hall jazz band's new album is up for pre order! Their last album is absolutely fantastic and I'm sure this one will be too! The pre order website is pledgemusic.com and they have several packages available. I opted for the signed test pressing package ($150) and the signed record and patch package ($40). $40 for a signed by the band record (regular pressing) and embroidered patch seems like a good deal to me, no "new vinyl sticker shock" there! And those that know me know I couldn't resist the signed test pressing!

Anyway , I thought some of you guys would be interested in this and wanted to share so you can get in on that signed record pre order!

*obviously I have no affiliation with this sale, just sharing with my friends.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'm confused. How did you get a test pressing for $40? It looks to me like $40 gets you what you described but a regular pressing. The limited test pressing appears to be $150.
 
I'm confused. How did you get a test pressing for $40? It looks to me like $40 gets you what you described but a regular pressing. The limited test pressing appears to be $150.

Yeah the regular pressing signed by the band and a patch is $40, test pressing signed by the band is $150. I bought both. sorry I guess I didnt make that clear in my first post.
 
Oh man, I'm so tempted by the test pressing. I've never spent that much on an album (I think my Brother's in Arms MFSL 45rpm was the most) but I'm tempted on this one. First off, its the freaking Preservation Hall Jazz Band!, but secondly I also like the idea of supporting a group that does so much to preserve Jazz music and history.
 
I am a test pressing nerd man, especially test pressings from New Orleans artist, I had to go for it.

Really the regular pressing, autographed by the band plus digital download and patch for $40 seems like a great deal to me. Still supporting them and not putting yourself in the poor house!

If you go to the site you can listen to one of the new songs, I believe they are going for a Cuban feel on this record, sounds great to me. Although I will say I loved the dirty jazz hall sound of their last album.
 
Good info, thanks. I have their 50th Anniversary album and enjoy that very much. I'm tempted, but that's just a little too rich for my blood for $150, but $40 is in the ballpark.
The 50th set comes with an amazing 60 plus page booklet with rare photos and interesting tid-bits;

81HDiw1-DFL._SY450_.jpg
 
Good info, thanks. I have their 50th Anniversary album and enjoy that very much. I'm tempted, but that's just a little too rich for my blood for $150, but $40 is in the ballpark.
The 50th set comes with an amazing 60 plus page booklet with rare photos and interesting tid-bits;

81HDiw1-DFL._SY450_.jpg
That set is fantastic.
 
Back
Top Bottom