Vaalman
New Member
Hi,
A while ago the Swedish brand Primare caught my attention. Both because they make gorgeous looking units, and because they also appear to sound really good according to some music-loving friends.
So when browsing trough some of local auction websites my attention was drawn to the SP31.
I'm a 2.0 stereo person, so why the SP31. It's got balanced in/outputs as wel as several digital inputs. This would be a good solution for my Spotify/PLEX listening, without having to invest in an external DAC. (Right now I'm listening on an Arcam FMJ C30, and I run my digital sources trough a Sony MiniDisc which works as a standalone DAC)
Back to the actual question I wanted to pose here.
While researching online about this SP31 I was a bit confused, because there is the SP31 and the SP31.7, and often those models are mixed by people selling of reviewing them.
For what I understood, the SP31.7 came first, and then got updated to the SP31. Apart from the design of the front panel, I cant't really find what is different.
Primare's website, as wel as hifi-engine don't have any information about those units apart from the user manual.
Is there anyone who can enlighten me about the differences between those units?
And additionally, how do you think this preamp would compare to my current Arcam FMJ C30 preamp?
A while ago the Swedish brand Primare caught my attention. Both because they make gorgeous looking units, and because they also appear to sound really good according to some music-loving friends.
So when browsing trough some of local auction websites my attention was drawn to the SP31.
I'm a 2.0 stereo person, so why the SP31. It's got balanced in/outputs as wel as several digital inputs. This would be a good solution for my Spotify/PLEX listening, without having to invest in an external DAC. (Right now I'm listening on an Arcam FMJ C30, and I run my digital sources trough a Sony MiniDisc which works as a standalone DAC)
Back to the actual question I wanted to pose here.
While researching online about this SP31 I was a bit confused, because there is the SP31 and the SP31.7, and often those models are mixed by people selling of reviewing them.
For what I understood, the SP31.7 came first, and then got updated to the SP31. Apart from the design of the front panel, I cant't really find what is different.
Primare's website, as wel as hifi-engine don't have any information about those units apart from the user manual.
Is there anyone who can enlighten me about the differences between those units?
And additionally, how do you think this preamp would compare to my current Arcam FMJ C30 preamp?