• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Problems with the adcom 600 cd 5 disc player

Greytail

New Member
Just acquired an Adcom 600 5 disc player and finding that it is super sensitive to disc scratches, does a lot of skipping unless the disk is in perfect condition. Wondering what I can do about this. I have downloaded the service manual and there appears to be an automated focus and tracking alignment procedure which requires some test equipment. I have an oscilloscope and have bought a test disc, but I dont have a frequency counter. Is this essential? Is this the path I should follow to see if I can improve performance? Other DVD/CD players I have play my discs without problems. I am a newbie at this so please go easy on me! The sound of this player is good and I can't tell the difference between its coaxial output and its analog one. I am using a Topping DRE50 for an external DAC feeding an Akitika preamp which has remote switching making it easy to do immediate A/B comparisons.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom