• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Project: Kenwood Super Eleven

Noted that the relay was not a direct replacement... wired a bit different than the omron, but I worked around this.
AM-JKLWVBgfrI0_SUUpl30hhOVPKicEzwSaf5TT2Zo7FWyR71ogx60SPZaFtjIvQyRJTENp5pCaT7gOC7Y3ogJGrq2BEYLzkYaYaCZ6p13uWVw_eeLI7BLUTC315PeMW8v_4SHECG8EyarPn7sHxt8IknO0N=w462-h615-no

AM-JKLUAz4hpo4fbc19Bt-yhl5mxHOghnsGD4zJfTrxGjwZRQkSYfsspML-1wOnaK0OXMv007xy4dcd8n2tW2Lep8nXbLaFbjPM9gF1djdFAyjBMSTDdSFSyq9P6txKpwdSGrNNIvWIbA7QCcISx7yDY1XeF=w462-h615-no


Was consider this replacement... but the amp rating was slightly less the combined contacts.
AM-JKLV_PrugyMJ9wJ74ceshuXb9m9CA62vllwWE1sEPo9q6zvSQFcaFtMAjPZQ9jEklHctgymoV5ztHfQXFRglkKUo_U2MLYnLYtY7sFweW4PwbeMJM1_M9AoDctFcng_YkS9X34BdEbfFnEkSxdELlZv_8=w462-h615-no

AM-JKLUJbtQ06RPzGBkzymg7bQ4llLL70UF6u9o96wH-r7uwXneETyBV1Beu-vjY_2P6ShwEPYhXd5Up037eZ70FZ67WVwGyPvqB4x5r7LvU_2Axyro_gyjO4jIYWSjNJAVywFfd9WF--cxawc-p6dqcR5WB=w462-h615-no

AM-JKLUWca2TFciiD80LUHDOVXnz-wearab3843VHSZfSVrAHi26rJpyo0IdhRORIQBvbvo5MuMAA2I5ofplX_mpYElukBg8F18lBffyS94JoVG82VKHtz0wH3_EsX4acUub-KouGB3pZ08K3TWb0OJbc-EH=w820-h615-no

AM-JKLVdKz2ZC53VMYiXBU-7JDi5nr9tn0STBo_YL1pH0cdcUiUZ2NAOeqxrWbD7QpTaqnN5ICV9q8rJ0bQV-tKPGal8ToKk8FXwJH_ja4fGEIiodFlG3FINTc8bvEVK1Ne7djueuV4SjB5_pdTnm5RszXAy=w820-h615-no


That should do just fine.
Did you have to clip some of the leads off the new relay? My replacement relay has a different lead count. EE4510AD-9174-413D-8310-B1E9A6321D29.jpeg
 
Look at the post a few more times… I cannot be more clear what I found and did.

Study the old relay. I didn’t cut pins other than top row of normally closed contacts that were not used.

Wish you luck my friend…
 
I'm looking for KR-11000G control board (X11-1480-80 A/3)
the Model Eleven G has the same board and is the same board in your Super Eleven.
as they say, "no ask, no get"
thanks
 

Attachments

  • 2024-09-01-16-53-14-938.jpg
    2024-09-01-16-53-14-938.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks @Super Noob for this thread. I just started working on a super eleven yesterday and I bookmarked this for future reference. I think I've worked on receivers with more difficult to access boards, but not by much. This is gonna be an undertaking
 
Thanks @Super Noob for this thread. I just started working on a super eleven yesterday and I bookmarked this for future reference. I think I've worked on receivers with more difficult to access boards, but not by much. This is gonna be an undertaking
The control board is the worst. it is under the preamp/tuner board. I removed mine from the bottom, but had to bend 3 little screw tabs and after doing that twice, they broke off. had to reconnoiter the ridge and move to plan B. Only problem; i dont have a plan B except to maybe go to NAPA and see if they have any of those nut-clips the slide on to sheet metal.
 
hello all I'm new so sorry if I do a FUBAR. I'm trying to restore my dads kenwood super eleven. I'm looking for the bulbs in the second pick. part number 30-0234-05 which is discontinued and no were I have looked is showing a equivalent replacement or specs on the bulb to find a replacement. Dad had gotten this system in the early 80's in japan, he was in the air-force. Been in storage for 15+ years. He attempted the repair many years ago as you can see the three center bulbs are different, but didn't last very long. Ant information would be highly appreciated.
View attachment 2756382 View attachment 2756383
You can find the long bulb lights on eBay , from Germany . Link
 
I'm looking for KR-11000G control board (X11-1480-80 A/3)
the Model Eleven G has the same board and is the same board in your Super Eleven.
as they say, "no ask, no get"
thanks
Are you still looking for that control board?
I have a Super Eleven parts unit.
If so, I may be able to help you out.
Let me know.

Rick
 
Are you still looking for that control board?
I have a Super Eleven parts unit.
If so, I may be able to help you out.
Let me know.

Rick
Thank you. I recently repaired the board you're talking about. it seems to work for now, so I will pass (for now lol). I had dropped a large screw driver on the edge of the board, cracking a bunch of traces. I jumpered the traces with some green wire.
 

Attachments

  • boardPatching.jpg
    boardPatching.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 3
hello all I'm new so sorry if I do a FUBAR. I'm trying to restore my dads kenwood super eleven. I'm looking for the bulbs in the second pick. part number 30-0234-05 which is discontinued and no were I have looked is showing a equivalent replacement or specs on the bulb to find a replacement. Dad had gotten this system in the early 80's in japan, he was in the air-force. Been in storage for 15+ years. He attempted the repair many years ago as you can see the three center bulbs are different, but didn't last very long. Ant information would be highly appreciated.
View attachment 2756382 View attachment 2756383


I have a bag of the long skinny bulbs (They are AL-8). There is 16 in the bag left from several Super 11's I serviced. Let me know and I'll let the bag go for $3 bucks per bulb, so $50 with shipping for all.
 
Back
Top Bottom