Speakers are Bowers & Wilkins DM220. Connected as Front Left & Right (If this is what you are asking).First question would be what are you running for speakers and how are they hooked up?
Second would be what are the specs for the receivers you are using, what's the lowest ohm speakers they recommend?
How do I make sure ? I connected the wires. Seems safe and sound connections. Now, neither of the receivers come off protective circuitry without speakers. What would I be looking to in order to get them fixed ?Make sure there are no shorts in your speaker wiring. Disconnect them at the receiver and see if that changes anything when you power it up again. The protection circuitry looks at the speaker outputs and if any non-zero voltage is detected it goes into protection mode. Usually caused by a blown/shorted output transistor(s).
Umm .. Probably this might be the case .. Onkyo one I haven't used in about 1.5 years, so don't remember .. but the denon - it could be that it was on.Did you ever hook up or unhook the speakers from the receivers with them on?
Yes, I had everything unplugged for some repairs done in the apartment, and now was hooking things back onSo, it did work...and then it stopped working ?
Did you move or change anything ?
I hooked up the speakers .. wrapping wires onto speaker connection nodes. Then turned it on and listened for 15-20 minutes.With the Denon what was going on when it went into protection?
Yea .. once I get through it, I'd buy a wires with connectors plug or something, so not to have to deal with the wires.So the receivers probably are to expensive to have someone fix them. Is the denon under warranty? That would be your best option.
So trying to figure out if you did something wrong to cause it so it doesn't happen again.
Hooking up speakers with power on is an extreme no no. With av receivers it only takes one small wire for a split second to short out and it will blow the finals. They are not like pro audio amps that can handle a direct short. Always make sure all wires look good before powering on. One small strand shorting from positive to negative or shorting to the case will be disaster.