• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT --- Check your wood before winter! Seriously, it may be soft!!

odcics2

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
All joking aside, I saw a few spots and thought, "Better pull these boards off and replace them before it's too cold to caulk and paint."

Here is what I found......

wood bad 1.jpgwood bad 2.jpg

So, look for anything questionable before winter sets in!
 
Register to hide this ad
Actually, classic carpenter ants. Smooth, no mud, 10 feet off the ground.

That piece is 41 years old. It sat in a horizontal location. The caulking got compromised.
Been here since 1993, never any signs of termites, but I do battle carpenter ants.
:whip:
 
Actually, classic carpenter ants. Smooth, no mud, 10 feet off the ground.

That piece is 41 years old. It sat in a horizontal location. The caulking got compromised.
Been here since 1993, never any signs of termites, but I do battle carpenter ants.
:whip:
We live in the woods and have those. Terminex takes care of them, along with any termites.
 
Back
Top Bottom