• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Purposely ALMOST Killed My Dogs...

Sandy G

Retired Member
...Well, THEY thought so, anyhow...Lauriann gave 'em both baths today, & THEY were certain that they were going to DIE. Gettin' a Bath is, as everyone knows, a major killer of little dogs...Miraculously, though, they both "Dodged the Bullet" this time... Don't tell 'em, but they BOTH look extra-good & sweet right now, all clean & fluffy...
 
Register to hide this ad
...Well, THEY thought so, anyhow...Lauriann gave 'em both baths today, & THEY were certain that they were going to DIE. Gettin' a Bath is, as everyone knows, a major killer of little dogs...Miraculously, though, they both "Dodged the Bullet" this time... Don't tell 'em, but they BOTH look extra-good & sweet right now, all clean & fluffy...

:worthless
 
Those dogs know they worked hard to smell like that. Now they'll have to start over.
 
I remember doggy-bath time! Sometimes I wonder who found it more of a challenge: the dogs or the humans? Congratulations on surviving the ordeal, and on having two nice, clean dogs... even if they, themselves, don't think they smell so nice any more! :D
 
Ever since we got rid of the other 3, & then LA & I stayed gone for 2 weeks to New England, they've stuck to us like glue....Gomez isn't happy unless he's ON me-not next to, but ON me...Glad he ain't an Old English Mastiff-and Curlylocks, the little female, is about the same way w/Lauriann...They would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to spend the night w/us in bed...We tried that, & WE ended up huddled in one corner, & the dogs were spread out like last week's wash...Its AMAZING how much room little guys like Chihuahuas can occupy if they want to...
 
My dogs are the long legged type. Trying to even get them in the tub is an adventure in itself. I've found that most dogs abhor cleanliness.

Dave
 
I have a Shiztsu that I got in Kannapolis, NC. Riley was obviously the runt and the last pup left of the litter (and I think his AKC family tree went straight up). He was bought and returned twice. The first person was a trucker who stopped on his way through and bought him for his GF. Changed his mind before he was too far up the road, turned around and took him back. The second person was a lady who brought him back after two weeks saying he smelled funny. Ok, puppies smell like puppies. Kind of a funny smell but I think they all smell the same. Well apparently she must have tried to "drowned" the smell off of him because when I finally got him the first time I tried to give him a bath, goodness gracious, you would have thought I was skinnin' him alive! His eyes bugged out, his heart was racing and his feet were moving so fast I thought he was gonna run a mile in mid aire in 60 seconds flat! Well needless to say, he never got used to baths so I had to take him in the shower with me between groomings. He does ok in the shower, but he won't go near the tub!!

To this day we refer to him as our "special child". He's as sweet and loving as ever but not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. :no:
 
All I have to do to get the dog to do anything I want is say the magic words "You want a bath?" She will be the best behaved dog until she figures the coast is clear.
 
Well, Gomez in particular didn't mind the aftermath too badly, as I set w/him all wrapped up in a big plush towel, telling him in my most soothing voice that he HAD survived, the bad part was over...Naw, my dogs ain't got ME trained..Not a bit...
 
Lots of dogs that hate a real bath, love swimming in a lake or river. The end result is usually close enough.
 
Everytime we get ready to give our three little ones ( a long hair chihuahua, a short hair chihuahua and a pomeranian) a bath, they go hide under the bed! Then we have to drag them out to get them in the tub. I don't know how they know when we run the water in the bathtub that it's for them and not for one of us humans. But they just know, no matter how sneaky we try to be about it! And then when you get them all wet and lathered up, they look at you like, how could you do this to us?
 
Back
Top Bottom