• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pursue some Electro Voice Aristocrats at rummage sale?

Shtig99

Persona Au Gratin
Subscriber
This is all I know. No other pictures, no price, nothing on condition.

1-t (1).jpg 1-t.jpg

I'm checking out this rummage sale regardless, but I'm relying on you speaker experts give me the proper guidance if this is something to be pursued. Sale starts Thursday 5-26.

Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
There are several AK threads on EV Aristocrats including:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/electro-voice-aristocrat-questions.800397/

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/electro-voice-aristocrat-newbie.788300/
I would definitely check them out and personally get them if cabinet condition, driver compliment, and price was right. But I am a fan of EV speakers and currently have a pair of Marquis that I really like.

Thank you. Very informative. I'll show up at this event with reasonable expectations. If I buy them, I'll certainly report back. :thumbsup:
 
It would be a four hour drive, but there is another in Lexington, NC this weekend:

https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Lexington/27292/3275517

1-t.jpg
 
Lay them down on their backs and look for a screw.or two on the bottom holding the grill in place. I believe it slides down. You might be able to id the drivers that way.
 
Here's the update. There's only one of them. I asked the guy what happened to the other one, and he says "it don't need one, ain't you ever heard of mono?" After I finished laughing, I looked it over once or twice. The cabinet is in decent shape.

He's asking $75, his sale goes through Saturday, and I honestly don't see a buyer in his horizon. What am I going to do with one old speaker like this? More guidance please. :thumbsup:
 
$75 seems low. Thought it would fetch a couple hundred. Buy it and start searching for another one. :)
 
The good news is that these are not rare. The challenge will be to find a match with the same finish and drivers. There's a single one in blonde finish for $195 on Ebay and a matched pair on US Audio Mart for $800.
 
Here's the update. There's only one of them. I asked the guy what happened to the other one, and he says "it don't need one, ain't you ever heard of mono?" After I finished laughing, I looked it over once or twice. The cabinet is in decent shape.

He's asking $75, his sale goes through Saturday, and I honestly don't see a buyer in his horizon. What am I going to do with one old speaker like this? More guidance please. :thumbsup:
I never play the orphan speaker game. Not worth the aggravation to me. Others may disagree, but that’s how I am on this.
 
I had an orphan Klipsch Heresy that I held onto for eight, never seeing another orphan. I ended up selling it.
 
I don't do the orphan speaker thing anymore either unless it is super dirt cheap.I had an Electrovoice Regency speaker found for $10 but a another never surfaced in about six years so I sold the cabinet.Still have the SP 15 that was in it and bought a partner of ebay.
 
Okay, I think I'm gonna pass. I'm confident I could snag it for very little, but I would bring it home and it would become a very large speaker stand. Thank you all for the feedback.

At another sale I did pick up The Fisher 250TX with the fully intact Space Expander. That may moderately excite a couple people; I should clean it up and post a separate thread. Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom