• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pyle's secret advertisement campaign?

TheNLOwner

Analog Tape Addict!
I recently noticed several review videos for Pyle products. As we all know, Pyle is pretty crappy (Pyle of Sh*t), and it's name is usually bashed among us, like other brands (Crosley, Ion, ect.). However, there are several "review" videos praising the units, which I found suspicious. Looking in deeper, they are most likely set up by Pyle, because nearly all of these accounts have only 1 or 2 videos, all reviewing Pyle products and praising them. Examples would be:
My review of vintage turntable sound system ptcds2ui
My New PYLE Vintage PVNP4CD Record Player and mp3 Recorder
And then there's this: an account FULL of these videos (some reuploaded from the aforementioned accounts), praising Pyle stuff.
Pyle Home PTCDS5U Vintage Turntable with CD/Cassette/Radio/Aux-In/USB/SD/MP3 Review
Sorry, but this is plain fake. It's obviously done by Pyle to attempt to overpower us in the opinions on their products to sell more. I know it isn't the only company to do this, but this is a bit obvious...
 
Register to hide this ad
I think it looks like there was some sort of incentive offer to make reviews, and then they were collected by the pylecustomerreview account. :scratch2:
 
I will never buy any Pyle or Pyramid products again, they're not made to last nor have any build quality/performance in mind, just cheap like a walmart brand.
 
Ya might want to hang onto some Pyle gear. Lately I've seen a bunch of Soundesign and Yorx crap trying to be sold for a good amount of money.

In a hundred years that New in Box Pyle could be worth a fortune. :puke2:
 
I think it looks like there was some sort of incentive offer to make reviews, and then they were collected by the pylecustomerreview account. :scratch2:
Perhaps a discount if you did it? I must confess I've been guilty of this, but atleast that company gave some quality back. For 15 bucks they'd give you unlocking codes for cellphones, but if you made a video displaying the unlocking process and sent it to them, they'd refund you. I did and I got my money back, and afterwards made the video private... Yeah, perhaps I'm a bastard like that, but I found that that video really sucked. :no:
 
I don't know. I purchased a couple pair of Pyle speakers in the past for use as either rear speakers for a lower level HT system, as well as for a small system in my basement. The ones I bought are Pyle Pro PDWR63 and sound as good or better than others I have tried. For $40 to $70 (not $226 MSRP) there are very good in my opinion. . . even as a small set of speakers by themselves.

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PDWR63/65-IndoorOutdoor-Waterproof-On-Wall-Speakers

I don't know about their other current products, but the above speakers have a very good range, depth and handle the rear channels on a Yamaha RX-V765 @ 105W/ch. I used a different carbon fiber swivel mount so I can tilt and turn the speakers to the best position for my area.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom