• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

QRX-5500A Meters & Tuner

Bobs34969

New Member
Hello everyone! I am plugging away at this 5500 I got from a thrift store. Before it wouldn't come out of protection, but found some very terrible solder joints around TR3 & TR4 that had no continuity to the traces on the protection board from a previous person. I also noticed that TR3 had been replaced with a 2sc1213 whereas the manual says it should be a 1211. And TR4 was replaced with a C789. What's up with that? Are those correct? The manual says otherwise. Anyways, I repaired the joints and traces on the board, and now the unit comes out of protection for a few seconds then trips back in. I noticed a large amount DC at some of the speaker terminals so that's probably why, or leaky cap somewhere. Not too worried about that. My main question is that all the meters are completely dead. Cannot get any movement out of any of them. They all light up ok though. It also won't pick up any stations either. I vaguely remember when I first powered it up seeing it pull in a station and the meters would move. But after this repair, they are dead. What did I mess up? What can I check? Still trying to get acquainted with how everything works so some advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom