• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Quad 303 power transformer lamination varnish

Good news, the transformer ran under no load for two hours and was only warm to the touch. In addition it is more efficient now! Tomorrow I will put a load on it and see if it gets hot.
 
So it is "regular" metallic paint, as in an automotive finish.
It is even finer than that. The only way I found the presence of the flakes was when I tried to dissolve some glue holding a isolator sheet to the bottom plate with acetone and this stream of silver came out of the dissolved paint.

I am on my way to a specialist automotive paint supplier next week and will find out the specifications and the obviously the colour codes of the paint.
 
just a quick note before I forget... in your other thread, you seem to want to create new boards.. you do know that repros are available on that auction site...do a search...
 
just a quick note before I forget... in your other thread, you seem to want to create new boards.. you do know that repros are available on that auction site...do a search...
Yep I do know that and to get them to my country is nigh impossible ... So I am thinking of just using a local quality PCB prototyper to make the boards.
 
Back
Top Bottom