• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Quantum 4 opinions and emit replacement needed

LucVH

New Member
Hi,
i have my eyes on a pair of Infinitys Q4, they are looking fine but on one of the speakers the emit tweeter isn't working and probably beyond repair. I have quantum 2's in the living room, and i am very happy with these. I want the Q4's for the work/office place. How do they compare, Q4 against Q2 ?
Second question, i need a replacement for the broken emit in the Q4. At first i believed they used the same emits as in the Q2 (and Q1 and Q3), i have spares of these, but after a closer look i found they are different (same as Q5). Living in Europe (Belgium), it will be almost impossible to find one of these emits, any suggestions ?
Regards
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK LucVH!
The best source for Quantum Series information can be found here...
http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Quantum-series-1976/index-Quantum.htm

I haven't heard the Q4's or Q2's but would expect them to sound similar, since they use the same mid domes and watkins woofers. I would also think you could use your spare Q2 EMITs although it might require some stand-offs to mount them. Check the DCR of the different EMITs to be sure.
 
according to spec sheets

Hi,
i have my eyes on a pair of Infinitys Q4, they are looking fine but on one of the speakers the emit tweeter isn't working and probably beyond repair. I have quantum 2's in the living room, and i am very happy with these. I want the Q4's for the work/office place. How do they compare, Q4 against Q2 ?
Second question, i need a replacement for the broken emit in the Q4. At first i believed they used the same emits as in the Q2 (and Q1 and Q3), i have spares of these, but after a closer look i found they are different (same as Q5). Living in Europe (Belgium), it will be almost impossible to find one of these emits, any suggestions ?
Regards
tweeter is 902
-2252 for emit. I just got two new ones from Audiogon and they are different than those for my RSII I will sell them to you .
 
Back
Top Bottom