• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about cabinets for Altec 604e and the advisability of asymmetrical enclosures.

pete1729

Super Member
I have a pair of 604e that came to me in some Fisher cabinets. I've read up a good bit and am considering a hybrid between the Altec 620 and Bilforts corner cabinets.

9 cubic feet with a 26" x 40" front baffle like the 620. Cornered like Bilforts with vents at the bottom. I'll start with stock N1500 crossovers.

Anything glaringly wrong with this idea?

20250523_180923.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I have my 604e’s in Altec 620 cabinets, and the pairing is fantastic. The drawing of the cabinets for your 604e’s should work out just fine. I’m guessing your design of those cabinets is made for the room their going in, probably having corners for that design?
 
I have my 604e’s in Altec 620 cabinets, and thTVe pairing is fantastic. The drawing of the cabinets for your 604e’s should work out just fine. I’m guessing your design of those cabinets is made for the room their going in, probably having corners for that design?

The room is 12' wide and currently houses some SpeakerLab KHorns.
 
That’s kinda small for KHORNS. I find 604’s in general work better in smaller rooms and even somewhat near field.
Bass is another story.. it’s easy to overload a small room with too much bass energy
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom