• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about Fuse wire?

misterguitar

Active Member
I have a beautiful 60's RCA new vista tube console I'm restoring. I am currently restoring the AMP section and came across this "fuse wire". The SAMS fact sheet with parts, schematics and such have it listed as lengths of fuse wire. Looking at the wires one is thinner than the other. Because it is a point to point I'm going to have to remove this to replace other components. I'd like to replace it with modern fuse holders and appropriate fuses. How can one tell what the amp rating of "fuse wire" is? lol
 
Register to hide this ad
If its protecting the main power feed, I'd probably go with about a 1 amp slow-blow fuse and call it square.
 
Back
Top Bottom