• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about prices on inherited Stereo Equipment.

Mark Kell.

New Member
I Inherited lot of musical / stereo equipment from my mother when she passed away a month ago. I liquidated a majority of the estate, but people didn't have much interest in the musical equipment. Below is a list. if any of this holds value, any info would help.

1. Audiotronics Record player 304A
2. Fisher Receiver rs-1022
3. 2x ESS amt Monitor Speakers
4. Fisher Double Cassette Deck.
5. Yamaha Graphic Equalizer Ge-40
6. Sanyo Compact Disc Player CP 840
7. NAD Stereo Amplifier 3150
 
Register to hide this ad
That's an odd collection. I don't see an amp there that would adequately drive those Heils. Anyway, the speakers and the NAD are worth investing some time into as they will return a profit. The rest is yard sale stuff IMHO.
 
I agree with Markshan about what's worth keeping or making some $$ off of (although maybe the CD Player and Equalizer too) but the NAD should be able to drive the ESS speakers although maybe not optimally.

My condolences on your loss.
 
Last edited:
Agreed. The Fisher receiver might be desirable to some AK members but has little market value. If you're not a planning a yard sale sometime soon, donate them to a charity shop.
 
All the equipment will work together and provide a wonderful sound. The NAD 3150 was rated by Stereophile as a class B amp at 50 watts but is severely underrated !!! The amp will have no problem pushing those speakers.....

Enjoy your equipment prices are only going up on vintage equipment !!!
 
I don't believe that is all the equipment. some of it went "missing" and i believe some is in storage. I was thinking of asking $750-800 + shipping for the whole lot...does that seem reasonable? with the majority of the price coming from the speakers based on the research I've done.
 
The CD player and tape deck probably aren't even worth the cost of shipping, and the Fisher receiver only slightly less so. Shipping speakers is difficult to do correctly without investing a ton of money in proper packing materials and shouldn't be attempted unless you know what you're doing (and due to their weight and size the shipping costs are pretty high as well). Stores like the UPS Store and Fedex/Kinkos don't really know what they're doing (although insurance will probably* cover you in the case of a problem). If you have the original boxes it's a different story, but it seems unlikely that you do. It's unlikely that someone interested in the speakers would want the record player since it appears to be designed for the education market rather than for quality audio production.

*Since you don't have an original receipt I'm not sure how well insurance will cover damage.
 
No profit to be made at that price even if shipping charges avoided by a local buyer. That leaves out flippers and I honestly can't imagine anyone else being interested in all of that stuff.

Your price is very unrealistic if you are hoping for a low effort one customer sale. Either chop your price by at least half or do the work necessary to get top dollar.
 
You are getting lots of good advice here. What part of the country are you in? Craigslist is my preferred method of liquidating speakers for all of the reasons listed above, but local markets vary wildly.
 
depending on condition of those speakers you should have no problem fetching between 4-7 hundred easy. If your local I'll prove it.
 
Back
Top Bottom