• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about SX-1010 AWR-053 Board. Just curious.

larryderouin

I'm VERTICAL and Breathing...most of the time.
Subscriber
The AWR-053 board (Power supply circuit assy.) has 2 dual diodes that make up a Full bridge. Part #'s are TOSHIBA S5151 and S5151R. Parts are marked as D1 and D2 on Pages 55 and 56 of the Service Manual.

Mine are NOT BAD. I'm curious as to what the specs are for these, as i can't find anything in the cross reference listings in/on google. I imagine they handle a boatload of current, more than a 1n5408?

Anyone know what the specs for these are, and or what would be a useful replacement??

Again just curious, no replacements needed now. I'm finishing up on a re-cap, Diodes, transistors on the power supply, amp boards, protection circuit of my SX-1010.

Thanks

Larry
 
Register to hide this ad
my vote after research is for 200v 5 amps, but higher never hurt.
(pulse current will be higher...)
 
Thanks Guys. I was thinking in the ballpark of 400V 5to7 amps due to the size of this monster, but I wanted to pick some brains here.
Larry
 
Thanks Guys. I was thinking in the ballpark of 400V 5to7 amps due to the size of this monster, but I wanted to pick some brains here.
Larry

Maybe one thing to consider. I have recalled opening my Kenwood KR-9400. Both receivers, SX-1010 and KR-9400 use the same output transistor numbers (at least in both of mine). The Kenwood uses the full bridge rectifier that "looks" like a 25amp. The number in Kenwood is s5188 rated 200v 11amps full wave. I would guess (despite of the factory rating) that KR-9400 and Pioneer SX-1010 would have the same wattage ability since the voltage difference in both of my receivers listed is about 1 volt going to the output transistors (55v KR-9400 vs 54v in SX-1010). Hope this gives you some insight here.

EDIT: I have been searching for the last 1/2 hour for this part S5151 and S5151R. MTF is right on, 200v 5amps.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom