• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about Zobel networks

Chazb11

Vintage Human
OK, I'm not trying to start a debate about the usefulness of Zobel networks. I know there is a lot of debate about them already and have decided to try one to satisy my own curiosity.

I found an online calc to easily determine the values for the cap (in uf) and the resistor (in ohms) but it doesn't mention what voltage value the cap needs to be, or wattage for the resistor.

The woofer I'm going to try this on is rated for 100 watts and I'd like the zobel to hold up to that, even though I would rarely drive my system over a couple of watts.

Thanks for any input. :thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
I think a 100V cap and 5W resistor will be a good starting point. How did the calculator know what network works for your driver? Did you have an impedance plot available??
 
Back
Top Bottom