• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question on the tuner part in Braun R1 receiver

fblues

New Member
Hi,

I have recently got Braun(ADS) R1 and found the sound fantastic with my ADS L570.
Today, I set up a small antenna for the tuner.
It works okay but while I was listening to the radio the frequency was keep escaping from the original setting.
(e.g., it is deviating from the 93.10 mhz to 92.90, causing off-tuned sound.)

I have mainly used classical type tuner; so, don't know how to deal with this kind of problem.
It would be very appreciated if you could give some inputs.

Thanks,
 
Register to hide this ad
Live with it unless you want to get it aligned. This is not a DIY job. You're bound to worsen matters. Depending where you live, it could run $150 - $200. Not all repair stations are equipped with the gear & expertise.
 
Thank you for the info. Lesterbest.
It might be a better idea to add a tuner instead of fixing it.
True. I would try to audition any used tuner, lest you get another one that needs alignment. I really don't have a recommendation. I use an Adcom GTP 500 II which is c. 25 yrs old but I use a multi element Yagi roof antenna. I would advise against a tube tuner, but the choice is yours.
 
I have grabbed a parasound tdq 1600 from Craigslist today and it sounds good.
But, now I have another problem.
My receiver is smallish so there are only two input sockets.
I was using one for CD and another one for my computer.
As I need to hook up tuner now, I had to unhook CD.
Is there any way I can handle this with a minimal amount of money?
 
There are switch boxes available, I use 1 that has 4 inputs. Mine switches video also, tho I don't use the video inputs. I bought mine from Monoprice for c. $20. Google them. They are reliable & fairly priced. Eventually I ran out of inputs on my Adcom. They generate virtually zero noise.
 
There are switch boxes available, I use 1 that has 4 inputs. Mine switches video also, tho I don't use the video inputs. I bought mine from Monoprice for c. $20. Google them. They are reliable & fairly priced. Eventually I ran out of inputs on my Adcom. They generate virtually zero noise.

Thanks a lot! Lesterbest. You know everything. :0
Will search for the device.
 
Back
Top Bottom