• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

questiona about McIntosh cabinets

eedork

Super Member
I have a 2505 amp with a slant-leg walnut cabinet, and also a C30 without a cabinet. I'd like to get another cabinet for the C30 to match the 2505, but I'm honestly a little confused. It seems that there are a number of cabinets (L12, L52, L52A and L62) that have the same dimensions and appear to be very similar. What's the difference between all of these models?

Thanks,
-Matt
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi,

The different cases were for different models. Some models use different wood cases than other models. You have a few cases used only for one model like the one for the MAC 1900. They can be hard to find sometimes as they were an extra cost option on McIntosh gear. Some owners used other furniture and custom installation arrangements.
 
Thanks guys.

I just checked Terry's site, but didn't see a link to cabinet specifications. I'll have to go back and check again.

-Matt
 
Thanks guys.

I just checked Terry's site, but didn't see a link to cabinet specifications. I'll have to go back and check again.

-Matt
Click on L74 at the right side. A list detailing all of the different cabinet and component matches is there.
 
Thanks guys!

I think I found all the info I need now. I'm on the hunt for a decent cabinet.

-Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom