• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Questions about Hafler DH-110 connections.

kabowabo

New Member
I got my first hafler components a few months ago, a DH-220 amp and DH-110 preamp. I got these in a trade, and neither worked well. I took them both in for service and just got them back last week.

index.php


I'm not experienced with hafler products and I have a couple of questions regarding the connections. I currently have the amp connected to the outputs I marked (1), mostly because the P.O. did. I assume using the outputs marked (2) will include the headphone circuit? Since there are two sets of outputs can these be used simultaneously to run two amps? Finally, the terminals I've marked (3) labeled "external processing loop". Is this for an EQ or other such component?


index.php


Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
The external processing in RCA can also act as another high-level input controlled from the EPL button on the front of the preamp. I built both a 110 and 200 from kits in 1981. The amp has needed some work with new driver transistors and I've redone the power switch, amp board capacitors, RCA inputs and speaker outputs. The DH-110 is a nice preamp but the muting circuit vfet's and the RCA inputs can be big problems. I've had to resolder the RCA inputs several times when they break contact on the PC13 board. Those issues aside both these Hafler pieces are excellent. Have fun with them!
 
Back
Top Bottom