• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Questions about new RTR tape

toomuchvinyl

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi, I have been thinking about buying a couple of new RTR tapes but am uncertain about what brand/type would work best on my Teac A-2300S. It has a bias selector switch with two positions "High" and "Normal". I have several reels of TDK Audua that came with the unit but I'm just not certain what a new tape equivalent would be. Sorry if this may have been beaten to death in other posts. I tried to search the forum for this info but didn't really see anything. Doesn't seem as simple as type I, II and IV like cassettes!

Thanks,
Keith
 
Register to hide this ad
The best new tape you can buy for your Teac is RMGI LPR-35. Which should make superb recordings on your deck. Enjoy! US Recording Media stocks it.
 
For what it's worth, I have several reels of the older Emtec SM-468 (supposed to be the same forumlation RMGI are using in their SM-468 now) and it makes superb recordings also on my A-series Teac. I believe it's a bit thicker than LPR-35 but I haven't noticed any transport problems as a result. You probably get more tape for your money with the LPR though.
 
SM 468 is low print through stock and excellent on most good machines. I use it in the studio for many projects. Not the best rock tape but fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom