Hello all, joined some time ago and have not been doing much... Until recently.
Helping a friend set up a new restaurant/bar in town, and trying to make a clean install at the centralized "command center". One big issue, he's running five TV's, each using a Comcast box, all said boxes are together at the rack. HDMI goes to each screen. All this is switched through a 4x4 matrix controller. There's much more to this confusing system, but I'll address that in other posts.
The first pet peeve is the tangled web of power bricks used to run these cable boxes, and of course the typical mess of all the 29 ft. "patch" cables for each box made up by the cable guy (I swear they must get paid by the inch of cable used per install!). Those are easy. HERE's the big Q:
Is there any known source of a 24VDC power supply which can power ALL of the boxes from a single point?
These things are very common in CCTV systems, and of course in live sound to power the guitar players pedalboard that takes up half the stage. Search as I might I cannot find any such thing!
Looking forward to hearing what input y'all have.
Helping a friend set up a new restaurant/bar in town, and trying to make a clean install at the centralized "command center". One big issue, he's running five TV's, each using a Comcast box, all said boxes are together at the rack. HDMI goes to each screen. All this is switched through a 4x4 matrix controller. There's much more to this confusing system, but I'll address that in other posts.
The first pet peeve is the tangled web of power bricks used to run these cable boxes, and of course the typical mess of all the 29 ft. "patch" cables for each box made up by the cable guy (I swear they must get paid by the inch of cable used per install!). Those are easy. HERE's the big Q:
Is there any known source of a 24VDC power supply which can power ALL of the boxes from a single point?
These things are very common in CCTV systems, and of course in live sound to power the guitar players pedalboard that takes up half the stage. Search as I might I cannot find any such thing!
Looking forward to hearing what input y'all have.