• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Quicksilver Line Pre vs Marantz 7 Clone

might be worth comparing component values to the original Marantz schematic too, just in case something has been altered, or if something needs to be altered to account for stuff that isn't present anymore. Offhand I don't know if altering the volume control value, eliminating balance, or removing any of the filters might want some value in the circuit tweaked to keep the response correct but its possible.
 
might be worth comparing component values to the original Marantz schematic too, just in case something has been altered, or if something needs to be altered to account for stuff that isn't present anymore. Offhand I don't know if altering the volume control value, eliminating balance, or removing any of the filters might want some value in the circuit tweaked to keep the response correct but its possible.
Good point.
 
Unfortunately, the clones, whether phono or line stage, I have seen have no resemblance to the real Marantz 7. Loosely tailored maybe but not clones. So much more going on with the Model 7 or even the EAR products. Fun budget projects for sure though.
 
Popped some Mundorf 3.9 uf EVOs in to replace the original 4.0uf MIT Multicaps and like the result. The Mundorfs are aluminum foil caps and were under $20 each so I didn’t expect a tremendous improvement, and didn’t get one. There is a bit more top end, detail and air but it doesn’t sound like a new preamp, but it’s an improvement. Might be after more time.
I also received OFC power cables from an EBay buy which seem to be an improvement on the QS and EAR clone phono stage.
This QS is an older version with mono/stereo switch, tape monitor and LR/S which I like, useful in aligning a phono cartridge.
Really happy with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom