• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Racing -- What Would You Have Liked to Have Done?

I used to do rallying in the 80s, this is my car now.
P1020048-01 (550x278).jpg

1970 Alpine A110 homologated for endurance racing in GT-2 class.
 
Last edited:
What a great "what if" thread idea. Two-wheeled racing is nuts, the skills the best of them have is scary. Moto GP and TT (Isle of Man) is breathtaking to watch, it must be exhilarating to compete. Supermoto is another one that looks like fun. I've had bikes since I was 12 and 'nads since birth...but it takes a little something special to be competitive at the highest level that I never came close to possessing. As far as cars go, any form of road racing. I've been drag racing cars and bikes for 40 years and really dig it.
 
I used to do rallying in the 80s, this is my car now.
View attachment 844911

1970 Alpine A110 homologated for endurance racing in GT-2 class.

Where do you Rally in the 80's - I codrove many US events in the late 70's to early 80's.
Did STPR, POR, Carson City, Snowdrift, NB Lobster, Happiness Is Sunrise and a few others.
Now I'm a stage captain at New England Forest and Empire State Performance Rally.
 
Recalling my "child-in-the-mind" days..... but on an episode of the original Speed Racer cartoons... there was a vehicle that gave "Speed" a tough ways to go. Believe the name of it was the GRX. In the recent Speed Racer release, its called a production race vehicle or championship automobile club.

I would like to have taken that vehicle across the Midwest .. and blown past a trooper at about 190mph... and then challenge him around some windy road... lets say, on Devils Tower.. or the like.

At some point.. I suppose my hybrid dual turbo magna flux engine would lose all capacity by lack of "sigma drive".. or the like.

But it would be hell of a ride!

th4DZMGPP6.jpg

Only OL image I could find... some how it looked different back then.... "early animate".... perhaps? :idea:
 
R
Where do you Rally in the 80's - I codrove many US events in the late 70's to early 80's.
Did STPR, POR, Carson City, Snowdrift, NB Lobster, Happiness Is Sunrise and a few others.
Now I'm a stage captain at New England Forest and Empire State Performance Rally.

Rallyed in Ontario, driving a Toyota Celica GT open class.
Tall Pines and other local rallies.
 
Back
Top Bottom