• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Racks that require break in and drastic changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed after reading another thread, that the OP is considering putting Myrtle wood blocks under his components. I'm wondering if the break-in period will have to start over.:scratch2: Joe, do you have any thoughts on this?
 
Huh? I've always enjoyed a more realistic soundstage, one that has more depth, extending both behind and in front of the plane of the loudspeakers. This, more than anything else, has been the most difficult thing for me to achieve, and I'm still working on it. It seems like you're saying that the sound should come straight from the speakers, with no apparant soundstage.

And I don't get how a rack could be responsible for that. To a degree, like so many others have posted here, I can see how it affects a turntable because a turntable is, after all, converting mechanical energy (vibrations) into electrical... Well, okay, the cartridge is doing that conversion, but since the turntable, the disk, and the tonearm, etc... are all physically connected....

But as far as the rack that the gear is sitting in affecting how the speakers create a sonic image.... I'm gonna need some real world demonstration of this.
 
I noticed after reading another thread, that the OP is considering putting Myrtle wood blocks under his components. I'm wondering if the break-in period will have to start over.:scratch2: Joe, do you have any thoughts on this?

You may want to reread his post on the Myrtle block thread.
 
Yeah, I noticed that too. I saw the casters and wondered how much they cost and how they were engineered to ensure that they meshed with the sounds that this rack enables.

The casters come with the Sasha's so you can move them about till you find your happy spot then spike them.
 
Huh? I've always enjoyed a more realistic soundstage, one that has more depth, extending both behind and in front of the plane of the loudspeakers. This, more than anything else, has been the most difficult thing for me to achieve, and I'm still working on it. It seems like you're saying that the sound should come straight from the speakers, with no apparant soundstage.

I'm not sure what he meant on that but I can tell you my system had a very good sound stage before the racks as you might imagine with my gear. It now has much better depth, width, and extends beyond the boundary of my walls, one thing it don't do any more is jump forward on certain frequency that use to do it on certain things but this was rare and generally happened in some mid range frequency only tiny bits of the stage would do this and it was annoying. It did it on my Mcintosh system even more so than my new system but it still happens from time to time. It hasn't done it at all since the racks broke in the other day and I've got at-least 10 hours listening in since then and have played songs I use to have problems with. Again, this is a very critical listening statement as nothing sounds bad on my system, so take this comment in stride.
 
I noticed after reading another thread, that the OP is considering putting Myrtle wood blocks under his components. I'm wondering if the break-in period will have to start over.:scratch2: Joe, do you have any thoughts on this?

The myrtle blocks are only going under my conditioners which aren't on the CMS stands. I don't yet have the conditioners even in the system and I have no racks for them. I'm just going to use some wood blocks and myrtle on top of that. No rack basically, just three blocks under each to get off the carpet a good bit. Plan to add those in this weekend if I have time after a couple of audio guys hear the racks and system as is.
 
Sorry to say this thread requires a full time moderator, which we do not have to offer.

Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom