• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Radio Dial repair queston?

HiFiCanada

Caregiver
:scratch2:I bought this radio 1940 Delco and the dial has a broken glass, it appears that the decal is on the glass permanently. I don't think that I could take the decal off, without damage.
Is there anyone or any company that can make a new decal or can make a new radio dial?
 

Attachments

  • 01-Delco Radio 1940  LLM(5).jpg
    01-Delco Radio 1940 LLM(5).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Delco Radio 1940,LLM.jpg
    Delco Radio 1940,LLM.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 8
Register to hide this ad
Another option would be to recreate the dial painting on a waterslide decal. Maybe scan the original dial, and touch it up using a photo editing program. Or use a CAD program to draw it from scratch. Then pay a graphics shop to make the waterslide decal. The difficulty probably will be matching the colors.

Once you have the decal, then transfer it to new glass.

edit: I suspect the original was painted on. Dunno if they had silk screening back then, it may be possible to silk screen something on glass, maybe search the yellow pages for silk screeners.
 
silk screen

Another option would be to recreate the dial painting on a waterslide decal. Maybe scan the original dial, and touch it up using a photo editing program. Or use a CAD program to draw it from scratch. Then pay a graphics shop to make the waterslide decal. The difficulty probably will be matching the colors.

Once you have the decal, then transfer it to new glass.

edit: I suspect the original was painted on. Dunno if they had silk screening back then, it may be possible to silk screen something on glass, maybe search the yellow pages for silk screeners.

Looks like a decal, if I move the broken glass part, I can see the over lap of plastic , like a decal.
 
Back
Top Bottom