• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ralp Bakshi's American Pop

Delawheredad

Active Member
I just finished watching Ralph Bakshi's "American Pop" for the second time this week. I hadn't seen it since it was released in 1980. The story is exceptionally mediocre but the soundtrack has to be one of the best ever. Everything from Cole Porter, to Scott Joplin, right on through Jefferson Airplane the Sex Pistols, to Hendrix, the Doors to Freebird. Has there ever been a better soundtrack to a worse movie ever?

The best theme Song to a crappy movie is "FM" by Steely Dan to the movie of the same name but I can't think of another film that had so much great music yet was so mediocre overall.

Any thoughts on a movie that challenges "American Pop" for this title?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom