I know Samsung is not a name one would associate with loudspeakers of any "well respected" type.. At least that was my own thought until I came across a pair of these on eBay. I never knew that Samsung made tower speakers at all.. A pair of 6" drivers and a horn tweeter of all things.. and powered by a quite powerful Class D built in amplifier. Basically with all of the features of their soundbars, in a pair of floor standing loudspeakers. Well, to make a long story short, I purchased a pair out of curiosity.. not thinking much about good quality sound but I was actually quite shocked from what I heard.. After a little burn in time, these speakers sound damn good! As with any loudspeaker, proper positioning and pulling away from corners and back walls all plays a part.. You will be rewarded with incredible realism, imaging and unbelievably realistic sound. I've never been a fan of compression horn drivers but this was strangely one of the deciding factors of my purchase.. if that makes any sense.. These things were obviously designed by someone who truly knows what they're doing at Samsung and by someone who knows good sound. Now you're probably thinking ' this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about ' but I can assure you that I do. I've owned quite a few expensive amplifiers in my day and so many pairs of loudspeakers that I can't remember hardly any of them anymore.. Now I have them powered using a very nice Pangea power cable and Straightwire Rapsody S interconnects connected to my Auralic Aries Mini music streamer to enjoy Tidal Hi-Res music. Needless to say, I'm literally blown away... These speakers have absolutely no business sounding as good as they do. Tons of unbelievable solid bass. Both male and female vocals are spot on with exceptional mid range. The horn tweeter blends perfectly with the bass and mids to add just enough non-fatiguing, non-screechy but smooth and delicate highs. This is all plugged into my PLC Thingee FX2 Power Conditioner. I mostly listen to classical, some jazz and some chill. Everything I've listened to including movie scores have sounded fantastic. These are truly, believe it or not, one of the best pair of speakers I've had the pleasure of owning. I just wanted to share this with all of you. I'm not much of a forum kind of person but felt these speakers should be given some sort of recognition for sounding ridiculously good. No real reviews out there of these at all, so I wanted to give one as they are so deserving.
