• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

That´s what I´m missing: Pioneer chair:

http://cgi.ebay.de/PIONEER-SOUND-SE...581200252QQcategoryZ40162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pioneerfurniture1.jpg
 
Now there you go. When siamac says that he is missing something Pioneer, that something has got to be RARE, indeed. :yes:

Rich P
 
Now you have to go! I didn't even know that someting like this exists. And it is here in Germany!
 
In the Pioneer Spec Bible, listed are the Body Sonic Amplifier, Body Sonic Cushion, and Body Sonic Ottoman.

The BSS-880 was the combination of the amp, control unit, seat section, and speaker system, available 1984 and 1985. Serial number FK would put this particular setup at 1985, November.

Very cool unit, and very rare. I do not recall seeing one on eBay in the past five years.

I can see Siamac, sitting back, favorite music on, a glass of Amaretto on rocks, feet up, bass up, puffing on a Cuban cigar, with the room illuminated by the blue glow from all of his Pioneer components...<g>

Doc
 
Last edited:
originally posted by kwmrlg My question is about the TVX-9500 Tv sound tuner. (left rack - bottom) I have never seen one before and was wondering if anyone owns one, or has info about it. It looks like an interesting piece.

I had two sold one to a Canadian internet bud and kept one. Never really hooked it up correctly to any thing except a 110 receptacle to see if it would power up. I have a sheet on a mod for it and I think I have the original service manual. It has two mono RCA outputs since there was no stereo TV broadcast then. Early way of intergrating your TV sound into your stereo way before surround sound and DTS, AC-3 SDDS and the like.
So at this point all I can say is it holds up a Playstation in my bedroom other than that I am not sure it will every actually go into service since I no longer watch TV. :sigh:
 
madpioneer said:
I had two sold one to a Canadian internet bud and kept one. Never really hooked it up correctly to any thing except a 110 receptacle to see if it would power up. I have a sheet on a mod for it and I think I have the original service manual. It has two mono RCA outputs since there was no stereo TV broadcast then. Early way of intergrating your TV sound into your stereo way before surround sound and DTS, AC-3 SDDS and the like.
So at this point all I can say is it holds up a Playstation in my bedroom other than that I am not sure it will every actually go into service since I no longer watch TV. :sigh:

I have 2 TVX-9500s. Both work. I'm interested in the sheet with the mod. Any way you could scan and post it?

Rich P
 
originally posted by pustelniakr I have 2 TVX-9500s. Both work. I'm interested in the sheet with the mod. Any way you could scan and post it?


I moved in July of 05' but I will see if I can find it. May be hiding in a box somewhere but I will check all my PIONEER info stash and get back to you.
 
They are right in my face everyday but I forgot about them! How about HPM-200's. Around 1975 made in the good ole USA. :yes:
 
Siamac- Is your avatar your wall?

Sie sind der Pionier Mann. Das ist eine schöne Sammlung und ich errate, dass es von der Liste von allen Bauteilen ist, die Sie haben,- Sind dort bessere Bilder hier auf AK? :thmbsp:

My apologies if Babblefish gave it a screwy translation :scratch2:
 
Dr. Strangelove said:
Just looking at some of the SPEC series. The SPEC-3 Pre-Amplifier seems to be a rare item.

Anyone here have one?

Doc

Its a Euro model. If Siamac doesn't have one, he should hold his breath till he gets one. :smoke:

Rich P
 
I sold my SPEC-3 again, because I thought, didn´t like it, crazy ! :tears:

The frontplate was thinner than the rest of the SPEC-Components and the material didn´t seem to fix to the rest, when placed in a 19" Rack. :no:

I think Pioneer wanted people to buy the more expensive SPEC-1. ( Now I have 2 x SPEC-1 :D )
The thing I also didn´t liked, was the missing phones jack.
But the SPEC-1 phone jack is just working, when you connect the speakers through it and not directly from the Power Amp :screwy:
 
Last edited:
Just looking at the thread on headphones, and I remembered another item that I have not seen for a long, long time: The "Master 1S".

Looks like they were only available in 1981 and 1982, for $130, which was 2 to 4 times the price of other headphones offered by Pioneer at that time.

Has anyone seen these? Anyone have any feedback on them?

Doc
 
Back
Top Bottom