Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
They do kind of resemble the Bose 901 in a way, except it doesn't have a lot of tiny speakers. Kind of nice-looking, actually. Never saw these before either.
I've seen a pair or two of these on my local CL in the past, at 1/10th the price. :scratch2:
It makes me wonder where/how a lot of these ebay sellers arrive at their overly optimistic asking prices?
I've seen a pair or two of these on my local CL in the past, at 1/10th the price. :scratch2:
It makes me wonder where/how a lot of these ebay sellers arrive at their overly optimistic asking prices?
One never knows what other people think might be the best tactic to do so. I've tracked more than a couple auctions that I had no interest in personally, just to see where they ended up, and have been surprised when they sold for crazy (to me) money. I'm beyond trying to figure out how people price things; sometimes they clearly have a better idea of the final selling price than I do.
Things like this also appeal to mid-century modern collectors, who seem to have a higher threshold for sticker shock on things. If I had a whole house to furnish and more room I'd consider these. I've only ever seen one other reference to them, and these have the bases, which is essential for the look if that's what you're after. And that is what I'd be after with these, even though I'd assume them to sound good having had many great KLH speakers here in the past.
From what I've read about them, they're quite rare and these seem to be in good condition except for the tweeter issue (KLH tweeters are easily sourced and this comes with an extra).
One never knows what other people think might be the best tactic to do so. I've tracked more than a couple auctions that I had no interest in personally, just to see where they ended up, and have been surprised when they sold for crazy (to me) money. I'm beyond trying to figure out how people price things; sometimes they clearly have a better idea of the final selling price than I do.
Oddly enough it looks like a really, really, close copy of the Epicure M602's. The driver setup is almost identical. I have a set of the M602's and they are hands down amazing, just wonderful in many aspects and when spaced from the wall makes the entire room fill with live like performances.
I've always thought of the Twenty-Eights as KLH's answer to AR's LST II. They are quite rare, and when they do show up they're usually not in beautiful condition like those ones.
I agree, if I "get" my price. A lot of the time sellers are just fishing for a buyer, someone who wants the item bad, and will pay that price. Like my 71 GTO, I'm looking for that person. Kidding, it's not going anywhere.
I agree, if I "get" my price. A lot of the time sellers are just fishing for a buyer, someone who wants the item bad, and will pay that price. Like my 71 GTO, I'm looking for that person. Kidding, it's not going anywhere.