• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rarest Sony CD Player?

Register to hide this ad
One of the rarest CD drive, Sony or not. The best as well ;-)
The CDP-R10 is a drive only, it needs the DAS-R10 d/a unit for full-size bliss.

Perhaps even more rare is the Nak Dragon CD which the same seller has - one big very very ugly thing but exceedingly rare, produced when Nak' was already under.
 
Wow, never thought to see one of those on Ebay... too bad indeed it doesn't feature the DAC.
 
I could be mistaken, but I thought I've seen a few of these recently up on Audiogon, and/or eBay, including the DAC.

Anyone know if this is the unit that used one cable for the signal, and a second for the clock, to reduce jitter?
 
for $5800 as the starting bid, I better get more than my countrie's transformer for free...

They should also type a little better english so I can understand what I'm getting.... Is that $570 just for shipping?!?!?!?!
 
deli,

Same system as in the CDP-R1/a / DAS-R1/a - the description of which you can find on TVK's CDP/DAS-R1 page: http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyesprit/CDPDASR1/CDPR1DASR1.html
(click the "up" button).

I haven't put the complete technical description of the updated Twin Link used in the R10 combo online because a few parts of it still await translation...

Axel, I think I saw the CDP-R1/a / DAS R1/a for sale a few times recently, and not the R10.

you say it's the same system- any idea why there's a name change? Was it a later run?

Thanks!

Oh- awaiting the scanner at work to get fixed. Once the new bulb comes in (it's a custom wide bed model), I'll scan what I have on the R1 from an original sony Rep. for you.
 
Long before I would spend for the Sony, I would buy this:

31_5PR_lo.jpg


Levinson 31.5 Transport. Most Excellent. Most of these ended up in Japan. :D

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:
 
To each his own..... I'd take the Sony.

I hear ya Mark, that Sony is a most excellent piece......however if it needed service I'd be willing to bet a large # of the parts used are "NLA".

I'd hate to drop $5800 on what could easily become one of the most expensive doorstops ever made. :yikes:

Perhaps I'm biased, I have owned and enjoyed my 31.5 for several years now, and for me there is comfort in knowing that it is fully serviceable, only about 35 miles from me in Bedford MA, where Levinson HQ and repair people are at. :D

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:
 
I hear ya Mark, that Sony is a most excellent piece......however if it needed service I'd be willing to bet a large # of the parts used are "NLA".

I'd hate to drop $5800 on what could easily become one of the most expensive doorstops ever made. :yikes:

Perhaps I'm biased, I have owned and enjoyed my 31.5 for several years now, and for me there is comfort in knowing that it is fully serviceable, only about 35 miles from me in Bedford MA, where Levinson HQ and repair people are at. :D

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:
Very good point. Product support would be hugely important for a purchase like this. Congratulations on owning such a terrific piece of gear.
 
As the R10 units were Japan-only releases, they are still serviceable... in Japan. Probably not for long anymore but all one needs is a spare optical block to insure another 10 to 15 years of use.
 
I just can't believe $5800 for a top-loading Sony CD player. I can at least stack stuff on top of my olde CDP-302.:banana::banana:
 
for $5800 as the starting bid, I better get more than my countrie's transformer for free...

They should also type a little better english so I can understand what I'm getting.... Is that $570 just for shipping?!?!?!?!

The seller is in Japan... that probably explains the lack of better English.
I wouldn't hold it against them...

Shipping from Japan to anywhere in the US = $$$ on most anything larger than a CD/DVD.
 
You bet, let alone import tax and VAT thingies... (Just had a pair of speakers imported from Japan, not gonna do that again...)
 
Back
Top Bottom