Theoberheim
Knobby | Knoisy | Knice
I just picked up my 4230 from the repair shop (again). While it was in the stereo hospital I snagged a Marantz RC-4 Quad controller (with the original box for $50.....THANK YOU CRAIGSLIST!!!!):tresbon:
At any rate, once I got the receiver back home, I could not set it up fast enough. I wanted to play with the controller a little bit. Once I switched it from local to remote control, the sound got quite a bit louder. (YES, the remotes volume was set very low...when volume on the 4230 was at about the 9:00 range) I gave it a test and ran the volume up to maximum and noticed that it was significantly louder than when I have the 4230 turned all the way up.
Does anyone know why I am getting more amplification with the RC-4 than I am with the receiver itself?:scratch2:
At any rate, once I got the receiver back home, I could not set it up fast enough. I wanted to play with the controller a little bit. Once I switched it from local to remote control, the sound got quite a bit louder. (YES, the remotes volume was set very low...when volume on the 4230 was at about the 9:00 range) I gave it a test and ran the volume up to maximum and noticed that it was significantly louder than when I have the 4230 turned all the way up.
Does anyone know why I am getting more amplification with the RC-4 than I am with the receiver itself?:scratch2: