Just bought some vintage RCA EL84 (don’t have them yet). I’m going to swap out the JJs that are in my Gillespie Magnavox 8601.
The tubes are listed as from 1963 and use the the following format “xx-xx”. In this case 63-22.
But I looked up date codes and found that RCA used two letter codes for that era as well.
Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality or sound between the two code format variations?
Got them for a reasonable price and am looking forward to trying these on my SE amp.
The tubes are listed as from 1963 and use the the following format “xx-xx”. In this case 63-22.
But I looked up date codes and found that RCA used two letter codes for that era as well.
Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality or sound between the two code format variations?
Got them for a reasonable price and am looking forward to trying these on my SE amp.
Last edited: