• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rca jack upgrade for c-4

Best design I've seen for an RCA jack has a couple spring loaded blades that grip the full length of the center pin when you insert the cable. Lots more contact, and self cleaning. Hard to beat the combo.
 
Best design I've seen for an RCA jack has a couple spring loaded blades that grip the full length of the center pin when you insert the cable. Lots more contact, and self cleaning. Hard to beat the combo.

I would like to see them and where did you find them.:scratch2:
 
The RCA's are finished.:banana: Just have to install the ground post and put it back together. It makes the back of the C-4 shine. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Well here it is all finished. I installed the double ground post. When i get my order from Vampire Wire i will install the gold ones.:smoke:
 
Last edited:
Well here it is all finished. I installed the double ground post. When i get my order from Vampire Wire i will install the gold ones.:smoke:

Looks great! more room for these on the C-4 compared to some other Yamaha pre's.
 
Thanks. It worked out great and it sure looks good. It was time comsuming. More work than I thought. I recapped it to while I had it apart. The distance between the new RCA's ended up being the same distance as the old. So that was a good thing. I will hook it up to my system today and see how it sounds.:music:
 
Very nice mod, better to know how good your input connections are now rather than depending on 30+ year old solder joints and surfaces.
 
Up Date. Been running the C-4 for two days now every thing is working great. I checked all the RCA's and everyone is working fine. I have two M-4's and two TT's connected to it and it is sounding Awesome. I can't say it's because of the new RCA's because I recapped it at the same time. But I can say I am thrilled with the results. The double ground posts are differently a plus.:banana:
 
It went great. This is the second one I recapped. This one I used Nichicon FG and Muse caps. Some of the ones I couldn't get I ended up using the New KA's. Sounds nice recapped and with new RCA's.
 
Back
Top Bottom