• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Re-foam Help Please, Advent 10" (Maestro)

I come from the other direction and don't shim, except in rare cases. I don't feel the risk of damaging the vc leads is worth it, let alone cutting a perfectly good dust cap. A 30Hz tone works for me.

I agree Archie........ I began refoming speakers last year , and have not cut any of the dust caps off and replaced them. You just have to be a little careful when gluing NOT to pull on the woofer cone in any direction and you will be fine. I too am a little hesitant on getting into the voice coil area, unless the dust cap was really damaged or torn.
 
Back
Top Bottom