• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Re-recording on a cassette tape

Old Ears too

Super Member
I have some good cassette tapes that have recordings I made off the radio years ago, that I don't want to listen to any more. I'd like to reuse the cassettes to make good recordings off LP's now.
Should I record right over the previously recorded tape or should I run the tape thru recording at '0' input first before reusing them?
If it'll help to record at '0' input first I'll do it. Time isn't a problem when you're retired I'm finding.
 
Register to hide this ad
Just record over what's there. Unlikely enough of the old recording will remain to be audible (assuming your deck works properly).

Cheers,
Larry B.
 
I've done that several times with success. The only problem I've found is that some of the cheaper tapes I used years ago bind up and drag. If they don't play right before recording they are pitched.
 
Back
Top Bottom