• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic 14-805 boombox cassette clacking

fizzgig

Well-Known Member
Free to me little Realistic boombox that I've cleaned up and put in new belts and cleaned up nasty grease but for the life of me I can't get it to play cassettes. It will rewind and ff and will play if I hold down the button, but the arm under the flywheel is clacking away and play won't stay engaged. The mechanism works, and is smooth, but just won't stay engaged. Its just a little junker so I dont want to put too much time in it, but any help appreciated. I suspect I'll ha e to take the entire mechanism apart.

Here's a video:

 
Register to hide this ad
Looks to me like something on the axel of the flywheel is hitting up the white leaver. Is that part of an auto-stop system? I'd take a close look at that. Maybe a spring is missing that would hold it off under normal operation or something..
 
The counter belt isn't turning, on a large portion of tape decks this will trigger the stop function since the deck thinks it's at the end/beginning of the tape.

Neat box, I had to look it up. It looks alot like a Sampo I have which is just a hair bigger. It wouldn't surprise me if they were the builder.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom