lfinley421
New Member
Hi everyone,
I’m working on restoring a Realistic-badged ELAC Miracord 45 and I’m very close to getting it fully sorted, but I’m stuck on the automatic mechanism (this is my first time fixing a turntable by the way).
When I first opened it up there was old hardened grease around the cam gear and linkages under the platter. I cleaned the old grease and re-lubricated the visible moving metal contact points around the cam.
Before cleaning, when I attempted an automatic start cycle, the cam gear would begin rotating but stop part way through the cycle and would not return to neutral unless I manually reset it.
After cleaning and lubricating:
• Manual play works properly
• Stop returns the arm correctly
• The mechanism now moves much more freely
Because manual now works correctly, I’m honestly a little hesitant to trigger the automatic cycle again, since previously doing that would put the mechanism back into a stuck state until I manually reset the cam.
My questions:
1. On the Miracord 45, is there a specific pivot, trip pawl, or cycling linkage that commonly causes the cam to stop partway through the cycle?
2. Are there key lubrication points on this model I should double-check?
I’m also trying to find a service manual or lubrication diagram, but I can’t download attachments yet since new member downloads appear to be disabled. If anyone has a manual they could share, I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance — I’m learning a lot working on this table.
Lauren
I’m working on restoring a Realistic-badged ELAC Miracord 45 and I’m very close to getting it fully sorted, but I’m stuck on the automatic mechanism (this is my first time fixing a turntable by the way).
When I first opened it up there was old hardened grease around the cam gear and linkages under the platter. I cleaned the old grease and re-lubricated the visible moving metal contact points around the cam.
Before cleaning, when I attempted an automatic start cycle, the cam gear would begin rotating but stop part way through the cycle and would not return to neutral unless I manually reset it.
After cleaning and lubricating:
• Manual play works properly
• Stop returns the arm correctly
• The mechanism now moves much more freely
Because manual now works correctly, I’m honestly a little hesitant to trigger the automatic cycle again, since previously doing that would put the mechanism back into a stuck state until I manually reset the cam.
My questions:
1. On the Miracord 45, is there a specific pivot, trip pawl, or cycling linkage that commonly causes the cam to stop partway through the cycle?
2. Are there key lubrication points on this model I should double-check?
I’m also trying to find a service manual or lubrication diagram, but I can’t download attachments yet since new member downloads appear to be disabled. If anyone has a manual they could share, I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance — I’m learning a lot working on this table.
Lauren
