• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic Mach 1 L-Pad Plates

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
I am happy to say that the aluminum L-Pad plates are machined and I can get going on changing out the fragile crack prone plastic ones on the Realistic Mach 1s. We ran a batch of 11 pairs of each model (4024 & 4029) so that should cover for some time. I am going to the local print shop this weekend to see if they can copy an original and make a decal to apply.
 

Attachments

  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 79
Register to hide this ad
I will list these plates for members in the Barter Town section very soon, looks like we will be able to say goodbye to the cracked L-Pad problems for good. I hope to install mine this weekend and post pictures.
Please P.M. me with any requests, we have a jig made up to pop these out in the future if I run out.
 
Ok, mounted my new aluminum L-pad plates and they fit perfect and look pretty nice plain. I ordered decals from office depot so they should be done within a day or so. I used a thin string of speaker caulk between the tweeter and plate but felt or weather stripping can also work. I sprayed automotive under coating on the back to help with reflection, the plate seems to seal well against the vinyl that is on the baffle already. I will add a picture to show the results. I like it! :thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 61
Decals are done also, they are a little light but look ok. They will need to have the tweeter and knob holes cut out with an exacto knife but that should be easy.
 

Attachments

  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 82
interested here as well, just picked up a pair of 4024's really like them so far.
They are nice and solid. I have a pair and I believe Steve did a great job on them. One thing is for certain, if the plate was a weak spot (some speculate it is) this new one takes care of that issue once and for all. And you don't have to sweat damaging it if you need to service the tweeter or controls. Come to think of it, isn't it nice being able to service controls without having to perform major surgery?
 
Back
Top Bottom