• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic Mach 2 Speakers - $50

MTaylor

Member
I might be buying these from a local guy, is this a good deal?

He says the foam surrounds are in good shape and these were purchased new 15 years ago. They have a walnut veneer that is pretty rough.

I'm worried they might sound bad or not work well with my el-cheapo Yamaha HTR-5830.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • spkr1.JPG
    spkr1.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 01010001030701040820071120e6a8286552a677c1400010a3.jpg
    01010001030701040820071120e6a8286552a677c1400010a3.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 010408010304011600200711205dd89c231b40c0015f0044c2.jpg
    010408010304011600200711205dd89c231b40c0015f0044c2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 01010701150001161020071120939c6888c86e96b2f000f7a5.jpg
    01010701150001161020071120939c6888c86e96b2f000f7a5.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 16
Register to hide this ad
Don't know about the Yamaha HTR-5830 but I assume it's for home theatre, which means it's probably not great for music. For $50, that's a good deal, and if you end up not liking them I'm sure you could at least get back what you put in, if not make a bit. I'd say go for it. You can get a decent stereo receiver or amp for $50 or less as well, and you'd have a decent setup right off the bat. Good luck!
 
You will be pleasantly suprised. Radio Shack speakers are oftern overlooked and under estimated. Not all but many of them. If you don't like them, let me know where you live and we might be able to work something out... I had a set and loved them, but had to sell to help pay what insurance wouldn't cover for my daughter's birth... priorities. But now the kid is 3 years old, so its time to get more toys! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom