• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic Mach One Woofer Refoam/Restoration Advice?

rs732

Active Member
Hello A.K.,

I searched all the previous Mach One refoaming threads for kit recommendations. However, most threads are almost a decade old and most hyperlinks to recommend kits are no longer working. Can anyone recommended a good refoam kit?

Best Regards,
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey,

Here is the foam you are looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-Speake...462699?hash=item280f4e032b:g:HRcAAOxy5jxSdE8Y

Looneytunes is The Guy for quality foam surrounds, his name is all over this forum and has been for years. He's who I use as well. His kit comes with the Aileene's and a 30hz tone.

I have a pair of unused 8 ohm Mach One 15" woofers if anyone is interested.

Biggles

I ordered the kit shortly after your posted the link. Sorry about the delayed reply. Apparently,my original reply did not go through.

Thank you
 
Hey RS,

Cool !!! This is very exciting, I can hardly wait to see how it all goes.

Biggles
 
Today they should all be correct. I sent my Mach One and Mach Two woofers to MWA so that they could get accurate measurements. They produce the most accurate replacement surrounds for the Mach One and Mach Two (fits Three as well). MWA supplies just about everyone.
 
RS, you are buying the surrounds from the right source. Good luck with the refoam. If you haven't refoamed speakers before, Mach One woofers are good to learn on as they are quit forgiving in my experience.
 
Ols thread I know, but I just refoamed a set of Mach One 4029's and have had problems with the little push-on clips that are supposed to hold the face plate cover in place on top of the woofers. They keep popping off the plastic post, probably due to age and wear. Has anyone else had this problem that might offer your solution?
 
Did you remove all the orange glue that helps hold the face plate cover on the basket's edge ? I seem to remember the plastic post being tapered a bit , maybe the face plate isn't sitting tight to the basket ?

I do remember turning the clips as i pushed them on and they got fairly tight seemed like a friction fit holding them in place and that I didn't run a bead of glue between the face plate cover and basket edge like was done from the factory (had to heat that glue up with a hair dryer to get the face plate cover off ) .

The face plates on my set haven't shown any signs of loosening yet (and I've pushed them pretty hard) but if they did I would be inclined to run a bead of trim
adhesive between the basket and face plate like was done from the factory.

10-06-16 2.JPG 10-14-16 3.JPG
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom