• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic Minimus 50 Speakers?!?

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
I thought I'd seen them all, from the Minimus 3's to the Minimus 26's, and all the numbers in between. Today, I picked up these Minimus 50's, which appear to be time-aligned... though, not in metal cabs - like most of the Minimus line.

I'll let you know how they sound, once I get a chance to play them.

1393384_10151733527277817_1177417450_n.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Love the minimus series. I have a pair of metal case ones with the dome tweeter. I have never seen the 50's and would be keen to know how they sound :)
 
GW at Ross and Greenville ?

Guessing you saw them? I couldn't pass up trying out a different speaker in the Minimus line. I like my 7's, 11's, and 12's a lot. I've seen the 3 or 3.5, whatever the tiny one is, but never bought them or heard them. I've also bought some Minimus 26's, but they were just OK. I think these 50's could be fun to mess around with. Too bad they aren't metal cabs...
 
That's them! I also have the 11's, and didn't realize they were time-aligned, too?!?
Funny, the one year I didn't check. Also the same year I started with RS. Don't recall those speakers. Too much stuff to remember.

How do they sound?
 
What gets me are those slimline 22's pictured at the bottom left of the page! I want to find a pair of those...
The number of speakers RS sold was staggering, and I'm not just talking about quantity either. Would drive a salesperson nuts, but it did allow for a lot of options for different needs. Boy those were crazy days.
 
Love the minimus series. I have a pair of metal case ones with the dome tweeter. I have never seen the 50's and would be keen to know how they sound :)

Greetings, the Minimus 50's are amazing and difficult to find. Radio Shack only offered them in 1984. I bought a pair then for home but when I heard them they immediately replaced the near-field monitors in my recording studio. Some of my best mixes were created on these and I still use them today. I call the accidental magic... sometimes people try an idea and catch lighting in a bottle.
 

Attachments

  • Realistic Minimus 50 - 40-2044 - 1984 only.jpg
    Realistic Minimus 50 - 40-2044 - 1984 only.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 36
Love the minimus series. I have a pair of metal case ones with the dome tweeter. I have never seen the 50's and would be keen to know how they sound :)

Greetings, the Minimus 50's are amazing and difficult to find. Radio Shack only offered them in 1984. I bought a pair then for home but when I heard them they immediately replaced the near-field monitors in my recording studio. Some of my best mixes were created on these and I still use them today. I call these accidental magic... sometimes people try an idea and catch lighting in a bottle.
 
Guessing you saw them? I couldn't pass up trying out a different speaker in the Minimus line. I like my 7's, 11's, and 12's a lot. I've seen the 3 or 3.5, whatever the tiny one is, but never bought them or heard them. I've also bought some Minimus 26's, but they were just OK. I think these 50's could be fun to mess around with. Too bad they aren't metal cabs...

Right Here...
 

Attachments

  • Realistic Minimus 50 - 40-2044 - 1984  --.jpg
    Realistic Minimus 50 - 40-2044 - 1984 --.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom