• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic / Optimus Mach Series Visual Comparison 1 2 3

CoogarXR

Super Member
I just refoamed a set of Mach 2's and Mach 3's, and I already had a set of Mach Ones (40-4029's). I thought that it's probably not every day that all 3 generations are in the same room together, so I figured I'd take a couple pics of the lineup. Yeah, I know the Mach 2 has a dimple in the dust cap, lol. It's not very noticeable in person, but it sure jumps out in pictures.

I was kind of surprised that the Mach 3 was so much larger than the other two. The Mach 3 has the tallest and deepest cabinet. The Mach One and Mach 2 are almost identical heights, with the Mach 2 being shallower.

IMG_20210120_172934617.jpg
IMG_20210120_173015452.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Which one of the three do you prefer the sound of ? How about the build quality ?

I haven't really compared their sound yet. The mach ones I have owned for probably 15 years. They are probably almost twice as heavy as the 2's and 3's, which both weigh about the same. There are a bunch of threads on here debating which ones sound best, but I didn't see any pics of them all together. That's mainly why I posted.
 
I'm listening to my MACH 3's right now [sorry upstairs neighbor] never owned the others ..... I'm happy !! (original owner refoalm no re-cap)
 
Back
Top Bottom